MIKE SCHULTZ #5
Hometown: Kimball, MN
Now Residing: Pillager, MN
Height: 5 ft. 10 in.
Weight: 180 lbs.
Nickname: gMonster Mikeh
Married: Sara Schultz
Racing Motocross since: 1997
Racing Snocross since: 1998
Pro snocross: 2005-2009
Amputee: Left Leg - Above the Knee (Dec. 16, 2008)
Occupation: Racing & Fabrication
Hobbies: Motocross, Cycling, Fabrication, Firearms
Pets: Dog (Zues), Cat (Silver), 2 horses ( Walker & Ivan)
Racing Career Highlights:
2011 - Extremity Games Motocross Gold Medalist - Adaptive Motocross
2011 - ESPN Winter X Games Gold Medalist - Adaptive Snocross
2010 - ESPN Summer X Games Gold Medalist - Adaptive Super-X
2010 - ESPN Winter X Games Gold Medalist - Adaptive Snocross
2009 - ESPN Summer X Games 15 Silver Medalist - Adaptive Super-X
2009 - Extremity Games Silver medalist - Adaptive Motocross
2002-2008 - Compete in 6 ESPN Winter X-Games
2005-2007 - 5 National WPSA Pro podiums
2008 - 6th place FIM World Championship in Mala, Sweden
2007-2008 WPSA points championship - 6th in Pro Stock and 12th in Pro Open
2006-2007 WPSA points championship - 4th in Pro Stock & 6th in Pro Open
2006 ? 1st place in the Icelandic Championship Race
1999 ? District 23 B Class Season Champion
2010 - Athletes with Disabilities Hall of Fame - Roger McCarville Male Athlete of the Year Award
2009- ISOC gTrue Grit Awardh
2006/2007 Most Improved Pro (WPSA)
2002 Racer of the Year (WSA MN Regional circuit)
2009- Schultz Racing
2008-2009 Warnert Racing
2005-2008 Avalanche Race Team
2005-Team Team Amsoil
2004-2005 Tech Lab Racing
2002-2003 North Country Racing
2001-2002 Bristowfs Racing
- To develop my company (Biodapt, Inc.) and build the most durable and high performance prosthetic components in the world.
- Learn how to adapt to the things I did before my accident and more.
- To develop and market the prosthetic equipment I am working on for not only myself but for others as well.
- To keep an open mind and look into any opportunity that comes my way.
- I want to influence everyone around me to do what you can, while you can and really enjoy it! You never know what may happen tomorrow.